Christmas is just around the corner and what can be more magical than having your new baby with you to celebrate? Baby’s first Christmas is one very important milestone for families so here are a few ideas to help you mark the occasion and remember this important day in your baby’s life.
1. Go and see Father Christmas!
- There are so many grottos in our beautiful area of South East London, we are very lucky to have so much choice! Ask for recommendations from friends or in local mums groups and choose the one that sounds good to you! Some grottos have activities before meeting Father Christmas so if your baby is celebrating their first Christmas, it might not be suitable. But a nice picture with baby on Father Christmas’ lap is really something to cherish for years to come.
2. Make or choose a personalised ornament!
You could either buy a beautiful ornament to mark your baby’s first Christmas or craft one yourself! Pinterest is a great place to find wonderful and easy to do ideas! I have a Christmas Craf Ideas board you can follow as well. Pinterest Christmas Craft Board
3. Start a new tradition
- There are many, many new things you can do with your baby for Christmas! My favorite, and one we started a few years ago, is to give my boys a new pair of very comfortable fleece pyjamas and we spend Christmas Eve watching a Christmas film! This year, we have Elf with Will Ferrell and Arthur Christmas. I can’t wait!
4. Capture the moments!
- Why not buy a little Christmas hat and outfit (or even use these brand new pyjamas!) and take a few snaps of your baby near his own tree? These will be some lovely photos to help you remember forever. I always organise Baby First Christmas Mini Sessions which usually run beginning of November so feel free to ask me for more information.
- I hope you found these ideas helpful! Don’t forget to enjoy your time with your new baby and your family!
- Merry Christmas everybody!
- Sandra xxx